ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL STAFF, STUDENTS, PARENTS AND VISITORS
(7 June 2020)
In light of the positive management of the Covid-19 pandemic in Malaysia, the Malaysian Government has announced a new phase – Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) that will be in effect from 10 June – 31 August 2020.
As part of the continuous efforts to ensure the safety and wellbeing of students in this unprecedented situation, the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) has announced the staggered return of students to campus for their face-to-face sessions starting 1 July 2020 as follows:
- ONLY the following students are allowed to return to campus for face-to-face skill-based sessions:
a. Final Semester / Final Year students
b. Postgraduate Research Students
c. New Students – intake commencing 1 July 2020
- All programmes will continue with teaching and learning via online until 31 December 2020.
All students are highly encouraged to refer and check your lesson plans and timetable frequently for the latest updates.
Before entering the campus, you are required to register yourself at the screening counter located at Ground Floor or Lower Ground Floor. At the screening counter, please follow the required regulations in place:
- Fill in the Registration and Healthcare Declaration form (via QR code)
- Temperature check (only those whose temperature is ≤37.5 degrees Celsius is allowed entry)
- Wear a mask while on campus
- A sticker will be placed on your sleeve for identification
- For visitors, you are encouraged to make an appointment prior to the visit
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 1 meter
In the meantime, please be vigilant and continue to practise the 3C and 3W as outlined by the Ministry of Health:
- 3C – Practise physical distancing, and AVOID:
- CROWDED Place,
- CONFINED Space
- CLOSE Conversation
- 3W – Maintain good personal hygiene and FREQUENTLY:
- WASH hands with soap and water,
- WEAR face mask especially in public places or when encountering people who are having fever and flu,
- WARN – practise caution by avoiding handshakes, cough and sneeze etiquette, stay at home and seek medical treatment if you are not well
- Do not touch your face – eyes, nose, mouth when your hands are not cleaned
Thank you for your kind cooperation.
Let’s continue to keep IMU and its community safe from Covid-19!
#StaySafe #BeSociallyResponsible #StayHealthy