“Partnership with Industry” Programme
In order to ensure students are equipped with adequate skills and knowledge relevant to the industry, universities need to have direct and active links with industries. To this end, the International Medical University continuously seeks to collaborate with key leading industry players through our “Partnership with Industry” programme. The main objectives include mutually beneficial collaborations that will drive sustainable engagement between the university and industrial stakeholders to enrich the three key domains of the University: research, education and healthcare.
Activities under this programme include: -
- Training and industrial pupilage of IMU undergraduate & postgraduate students in industries
- Provision of consultancies by IMU staff to industries
- IMU as a centre for external quality control for industry
- Feedback from industries on appropriate changes to the curriculum for better relevance to industry
- Enable industry to support their staff to participate in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) through IMU.
- Enable industry to provide opportunities for their staff to undertake part-time postgraduate studies on projects relevant to industry
- Conducting collaborative research with industry for product development and product improvement
- Commercialisation of IMU research findings by industry
- Providing support to IMU staff who seek to engage specific industries
Benefits to industries include: -
- Opportunities in human resource development for industry staff
- Sharing and exchange of knowledge to create more effective approaches towards innovative products and process development
- Opportunities for collaboration on research and development activities, using both parties’ existing research infrastructure and expertise
- Sharing of resources and expertise for public education and community services
- Early opportunity for industry to consider IMU students as future staff
- Selected use of IMU learning resources for learning and training purposes with access to IMU’s online library of more than 60,000 items of printed books, substantial collection of medical and allied health sciences databases and journals.
- Strengthening of its brand with this link to IMU