VISION & MISSION
Become the future of better healthcare
IMU shall be an innovative global centre of excellence in learning and research, supporting a community of scholars and professionals committed to serving society, promoting the development of students to reach their true potential in becoming competent, ethical, caring and inquiring citizens and visionary leaders.
IMU is committed to academic freedom and the principles of equal opportunity in the pursuit and application of knowledge, the highest standards of intellectual, educational and research productivity; and the establishment of a learning organisation that respects the individual.
- To further strengthen the IMU as centre of excellence for undergraduate programmes in medicine, pharmacy and other health sciences programmes
- To establish the IMU as a centre for higher education providing training through multidisciplinary programmes
- To establish the IMU as a centre for postgraduate training and Continuing Professional Education
- To train knowledgeable and skilful professionals with high ethical standards who will be dedicated to serve and improve the quality of life of the community
- To train competent professionals with the use of innovative technologies of knowledge especially ICT in the teaching- learning process
We aim to be an innovative centre of excellence in learning and research, producing competent, caring and ethical professionals who are lifelong learners. We are committed to achieving the highest standards of intellectual, educational and research productivity.
- Application of basic sciences in the practice of the profession
- Psychomotor skills
- Family and community issues in healthcare
- Disease prevention and health promotion
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking, problem-solving and research
- Self-directed life-long learning with skills in information and resource management
- Professionalism, ethics and personal development
Individual programmes will apply the above domains to develop their specific educational outcomes. These outcomes will drive all aspects of the curriculum in terms of content and organisation, delivery and educational settings, assessment and quality activities.
IMU Education Sdn Bhd (IMU) is committed to a high standard of compliance with accounting, financial reporting, internal controls, corporate governance and auditing requirements and therefore has a Whistleblowing Policy (“Policy”) as an avenue for employees and non-employees to raise concerns in good faith without fear of reprisal. For more information on the Policy, please click the link below: