National Higher Education Fund (NHEF) / Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN)
The PTPTN was established by our Government to ensure that Malaysian students who are not financially well off could still obtain a good education in a Malaysian university.
Terms and Conditions
- The PTPTN loan is ONLY available for the local option programmes conducted fully in Malaysia.
- For the credit transfer programmes (Medicine & Dentistry), PTPTN will ONLY cover the duration the student is in Malaysia.
- The PTPTN management board charges an administration cost of 1% per year of the remaining loan sum.
- Students will be required to obtain insurance coverage for the loan and the premium will be deducted from each semester’s loan by PTPTN.
Eligibility to Apply
- Malaysian (45 and below).
- Must not be sponsored presently by any sponsor body.
- PTPTN does not sponsor students for the same level of studies twice.
- Current IMU students who wish to apply for the loan must have at least one academic year remaining at IMU. Therefore, application must be made at least in the following semesters:
- MBBS, Dentistry (IMU Option) – Semester 8
- MBBS, Dentistry (Partner School Option) – Semester 3
- Pharmacy, Nursing, Dietetics with Nutrition, Chiropractic, Chinese Medicine – Semester 6
- Psychology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Biomedical Science, Medical Biotechnology, Nutrition – Semester 4
- Nursing Science – within the first year of study
- Students who have received PTPTN loan through previous colleges/universities but have withdrawn/not completed their courses, are required to terminate the contract and make full repayment at PTPTN office before new application can be made
To apply online, student needs to:
- Open CIMB personal saving account at any CIMB branch under the student’s name. Joint CIMB account and other bank account is not accepted. If a student has an existing personal saving account with CIMB, he/she can use that account.
- Open SSPN account at any PTPTN branch or Maybank branch with a minimum of RM20.00
- Purchase a PIN number from any Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) branch for RM5.00. The PIN is valid for 6 months.
- Login to PTPTN website at www.ptptn.gov.my and register as a first time user.
- Deadline to submit online application as follow:
|Intake||Online Application Duration||Who can Apply?|
|February||1 Jan – 31 Jan||Existing Student (Semester 2 onwards)|
|1 Feb – 28/29 Feb||New & Existing Student|
|August / September||1 Aug – 31 Aug||New & Existing Student|
|1 Sept – 30 Sept||New & Existing Student|
Effective 1 November 2014, the eligibility of the PTPTN loan would be determined by the BR1M eligibility of parents/guardians. If the student is deemed eligible, the full amount of PTPTN loan is approved. Otherwise, the student is only eligible for a lesser amount determined by PTPTN (75% or 50%)
Maximum PTPTN Loan Amount (Estimation)
|MBBS||RM15,000 per semester||- RM150,000 for 5 years (IMU Option) – RM75,000 for 2½ years (Partner Medical School option)|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||RM8,500 per semester||- RM85,000 for 5 years (IMU option)
– RM42,500 for 2½ years (Partner Dental School option)
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons)||RM8,500 per semester||- RM68,000 for 4 years|
|Bachelor of Science (Hons)
||RM8,500 per semester||- RM68,000 for 4 years|
|Bachelor of Science (Hons) Psychology||RM14,026 per year||- RM42,078 for 3 years|
|Bachelor of Science (Hons)
||RM8,500 per semester||- RM51,000 for 3 years|
|Bachelor of Nursing Science (Hons)||RM17,000 per year||- RM34,000 for 2 years|
|Bachelor of Science (Hons) Chinese Medicine||RM12,750 per year||- RM51,000 for 4 years|
Supporting Documents to be submitted to NHEF after the online approval of the loan:
- Online Application details (Maklumat Permohonan Pembiayaan) which can be found in student’s online application in PTPTN’s website.
- A copy of Offer letter from IMU Admission office
PTPTN Subsequent Loan Disbursement Schedule
- Loan will be disbursed following the below schedule every year according to the student’s transcript release date.
- Schedules by PTPTN are as follow:
|Year / Payment||First Batch||Second Batch|
|First half of the year||End of February||2nd Week of March|
|Second half of the year||End of September||2nd Week of October|
- Please take note that PTPTN does not release payment of loan according to IMU fee payment deadline. Students are responsible to pay tuition fees of every semester to IMU by deadline stated in the invoice.
Public Service Department (PSD) / Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA)
JPA loan is available to all students who meet the eligibility criteria. For further details, please refer to the JPA website at http://www.jpa.gov. my
General Terms & Conditions
- Only Malaysian citizens are eligible to apply.
- Kuok Foundation study awards are for needy students only.
- Applicants should possess good academic qualifications and should be active in school.
- This financial aid is offered to all students pursuing local degree programmes which are MQA certified.
Time of Application
July / August every year. Kuok Foundation will write to IMU and announce in the local news media to invite interested students to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants can obtain application forms from Student Services Department at IMU, online or at the Kuok Foundation office. All applications must be submitted before the closing date stipulated in the announcement. Late applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the interview.
Type of Award
Interest free study loan or ½ loan ½ grant. No service bond.
Value of Award
The range of funding will be from RM10,000 to RM30,000 per year (subject to revision from time to time).
Repayment of Loan
By monthly installments commencing one (1) month after completion of course.
For more information, please refer to www.kuokfoundation.com
Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA)
MARA loan is available to Bumiputra students who meet the eligibility criteria. For further details, please refer to the MARA website at http://www.mara.gov.my
Yayasan Khazanah Scholarship
General Terms & Conditions
1. Possess strong leadership skills and active participation in extra-curricular, social or voluntary activities.
2. Applicants must have a consistent and outstanding academic achievement.
1. Malaysian citizens are eligibile to apply.
2. Applications are ONLY open for students pursuing Foundation in Science and MBBS (IMU) programme.
3. Obtained admission to pursue Foundation studies or currently in the first year of a Bachelor Degree programme in IMU.
4. Applicants must have a consistent and outstanding academic achievement record as follows:
i) Foundation studies
- Obtained a minimum of 8 A’s (combination of A+ and A) in the recent SPM examination
- Obtained cGPA of 3.50 and above if currently in the Foundation programme
- Not exceeding 18 years of age as at the enrolment date for the Foundation Studies
ii) Undergraduate programme
- Obtained a minimum of 3As for STPM/ GCE A-Levels,a minimum of cGPA 3.50/4.0 for equivalent pre university / foundation / matriculation
- Not exceeding 21 years of age as at the enrolment date for the Bachelor Degree programme
Application is open in March and July every year.
How to Apply
Application for the Yayasan Khazanah Scholarship is made online.
For further information, please visit Yayasan Khazanah website at http://www.yayasankhazanah.com.my
*Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Employee Provident Fund (EPF) / Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja (KWSP)
This scheme allows qualified EPF members to withdraw their savings from Account No. 2 to finance their children’s / self study. Withdrawals are allowed for local and overseas education. Maximum withdrawals will depend on the amount of funds the parents / student have in their Account No. 2, as well as how much the university’s fees are. Members can apply for this scheme every semester (two withdrawal in one academic year), or every academic year (one time withdrawal in one academic year), or overall module fees.
How to Apply:
- Collect KWSP withdrawal form from the IMU cashier on ground floor.
- Submit the completed form to IMU cashier for processing (3 working days required).
- Submit all supporting documents to KWSP for approval.
If you have any enquiries or problems related to the withdrawal application, please contact the nearest EPF Office or the EPF Customer Service Department:
KWSP Wilayah Persekutuan
Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja
13th Floor, Bangunan KWSP,
50350 Jalan Raja Laut,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Skim Prihatin Pendidikan 1Malaysia (SPP1M)
SPP1M is a ‘top up’ based scheme for the funds or scholarships that are readily in the market that will benefit Malaysian students. This scheme is designed as an additional financial aid for students that are qualified to pursue their studies for Bachelors’ Degree or in high quality universities locally.
- Malaysian Student, age 18 years to 35 years old.
- Students in the second semester onwards with CGPA of 3.00 and above.
- Full time student.
- University and program / course as approved by YPPB.
- Tuition fees of the previous semester has been paid in full.
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Medical Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Chiropractic
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Dietetics and Nutrition
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Psychology
- Master of Science in Medical and Health Sciences
- PhD in Medical and Health Sciences
How to Apply
Application form can be obtained from:
- Maybank/Maybank Islamic Branch
- From Maybank2u website (www.maybank2u.com.my)
The completed form & documents MUST be submitted to any Maybank branches.
For further details, please refer to Maybank2u website or Maybank branches.
MYBRAIN15 (MyMaster & MyPhD)
MyBrain is available to all Malaysians who meet eligibility criteria as advertised in MyBrain15’s website online at MyBrain15 website.
For further details, please refer to this website
* Applicable to postgraduate students only.