National Higher Education Fund (NHEF) / Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN)
National Higher Education Fund or Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN) is a government-initiative aimed to provide education loan to students pursuing their studies at local higher education institution.
Terms and Conditions
- The PTPTN loan is ONLY available for the local option programmes conducted fully in Malaysia.
- For the credit transfer programmes (Medicine & Dentistry), PTPTN will ONLY cover the duration the student is in Malaysia.
- The PTPTN management board charges an administration cost of 1% per year of the remaining loan sum.
- Students will be required to obtain insurance coverage for the loan and the premium will be deducted from each semester’s loan by PTPTN.
Eligibility to Apply
- Malaysian (45 and below).
- Must not be sponsored presently by any sponsoring body.
- PTPTN does not sponsor students for the same level of studies twice.
- Existing students shall have 1 remaining year in IMU. Therefore, the application must be made at least in the following semesters:
• MBBS, Dentistry (IMU Option) – Semester 8.
• MBBS, Dentistry (Partner School Option) – Semester 3.
• Pharmacy, Nursing, Dietetics with Nutrition, Chiropractic, Chinese Medicine – Semester 6.
• Psychology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Biomedical Science, Medical Biotechnology, Nutrition – Semester 4.
• Nursing Science – within the first year of study.
- Students who have received PTPTN loan through previous colleges/universities but have withdrawn/not completed their courses are required to terminate the contract and make full repayment at PTPTN office before a new application can be made.
To apply online, student needs to:
- CIMB Account
• Personal Saving Account (only student’s name).
• Opened at any CIMB branch.
- SSPN Account
• Minimum of RM20.00.
• Opened at PTPTN/Maybank/online at https://www.ptptn.gov.my.
- PIN Number
• Valid for 6 months.
• Purchased at BSN/online at https://www.ptptn.gov.my.
- Login and register at https://www.ptptn.gov.my/gateway
Online Application Deadline
|Intake||Online Application Duration||Who can Apply?|
|January / February||1 January – 31 January||New and Existing Student|
|1 February – 28/29 February||New and Existing Student|
|August / September||1 August – 31 August||New and Existing Student|
|1 September – 30 September||New and Existing Student|
|Maximum Amount||Student and/or parents/guardians are listed as recipient of BR1M|
|75% from Maximum Amount||Household income less than RM8,000 and student and/or parents/guardians are not listed as recipient of BR1M|
|50% from Maximum Amount||Household income more than RM8,000 and student and/or parents/guardians are not listed as recipient of BR1M|
Maximum PTPTN Loan Amount (Estimation)
|Programme||Maximum Amount||Total Amount|
|MBBS||RM50,000 per year||- RM250,000 for 5 years (IMU Option)
– RM125,000 for 2½ years (Partner Medical School Option)
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||RM17,000 per year||- RM85,000 for 5 years (IMU Option)
– RM42,500 for 2½ years (Partner Dental School Option)
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons)||RM17,000 per year||- RM68,000 for 4 years|
|Bachelor of Science (Hons)
||RM17,000 per year||- RM68,000 for 4 years|
|Bachelor of Science (Hons) Psychology||RM14,026 per year||- RM42,078 for 3 years|
|Bachelor of Science (Hons)
||RM17,000 per year||- RM51,000 for 3 years|
|Bachelor of Nursing (Hons)||RM17,000 per year||- RM68,000 for 4 years|
|Bachelor of Science (Hons) Chinese Medicine||RM12,750 per year||- RM51,000 for 4 years|
Documents to be Submitted to NHEF After the Online Approval of the Loan
- PTPTN Agreement and Letter of Offer which will be sent to the student’s registered email and can be found in PTPTN log in account.
- Setem Hasil – 2 pieces (RM10 each).
- A copy of IMU Letter of Offer from Admission Office. Conditional Letter of Offer is also accepted.
PTPTN Subsequent Loan Disbursement Schedule
- Loan will be disbursed following the below schedule every semester according to the student’s result and transcript release date.
- Student needs to pass minimum CGPA of 2.00 and Grade C (for MBBS programme).
- Schedule of payment as determined by PTPTN is as below:
|Year / Payment||First Batch||Second Batch|
|First half of the year||25 February||8 March|
|Second half of the year||25 September||8 October|
- Please take note that PTPTN does not release payment of loan according to IMU fee payment deadline. Students are responsible to pay tuition fees of every semester to IMU by deadline stated in the invoice.
Public Service Department (PSD) / Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA)
JPA loan is available to all students who meet the eligibility criteria. For further details, please refer to the JPA website at http://www.jpa.gov.my
General Terms & Conditions
- Only Malaysian citizens are eligible to apply.
- Kuok Foundation study awards are for needy students only.
- Applicants should possess good academic qualifications and should be active in school.
- This financial aid is offered to all students pursuing local degree programmes which are MQA certified.
Time of Application
Application available in March. Kuok Foundation will write to IMU and announce in the local news media to invite interested students to apply.
How to Apply
Apply and submit online at apply.kuokfoundation.org. After applicants have submitted their application forms online, applicants MUST ALSO courier / send by Pos Laju or by hand the PRINTED COPY OF THE APPLICATION FORMS together with supporting documents to the Foundation’s office. All applications must be submitted before the closing date stipulated in the announcement. Late applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.
Type of Award
Interest free study loan or ½ loan ½ grant. No service bond.
Value of Award
The range of funding will be from RM10,000 to RM30,000 per year (subject to revision from time to time).
Repayment of Loan
By monthly installments commencing one (1) month after completion of course.
For more information, please refer to www.kuokfoundation.com
Employee Provident Fund (EPF) / Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja (KWSP)
This scheme allows qualified EPF members to withdraw their savings from Account No. 2 to finance their children’s / self study. Withdrawals are allowed for local and overseas education. Maximum withdrawals will depend on the amount of funds the parents / student have in their Account No. 2, as well as how much the university’s fees are. Members can apply for this scheme every semester (two withdrawal in one academic year), or every academic year (one time withdrawal in one academic year), or overall module fees.
How to Apply:
- Collect KWSP withdrawal form from the IMU cashier on ground floor.
- Submit the completed form to IMU cashier for processing (3 working days required).
- Submit all supporting documents to KWSP for approval.
If you have any enquiries or problems related to the withdrawal application, please contact the nearest EPF Office or the EPF Customer Service Department:
KWSP Wilayah Persekutuan
Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja
13th Floor, Bangunan KWSP,
50350 Jalan Raja Laut,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
OCBC Earn & Learn Education Loan
• Borrower must be a Malaysian resident with a minimum monthly income of RM7,500.
• Borrower must be aged between 21 years and not exceeding 60 years old.
• Applicable for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. For more information, please refer to OCBC website at www.ocbc.com.my/educationloan.