|AUTISM: Insight and Interventions (21 September 2012)|
|Date||:||21-22 September 2012 (Friday-Saturday)|
|Time||:||8.00 am - 5.00 pm (Friday)|
|:||8.00 am - 12.30 pm (Saturday)|
|Venue||IMU Bukit Jalil,|
|Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
International Medical University will be organizing a seminar on “Autism: Insight and Interventions” on 21st and 22nd Sep 2012 at Senate room, IMU Bukit Jalil campus for healthcare professionals, researchers, parents, academicians and who ever have interest in autism. During seminar keynote speakers, Dr Martha Herbert (via video conference) and Dr N.P. Karthikeyen will be highlighting on the importance of integrated therapy in treatment of autism by using the combination of main stream medicine and traditional medicine.
|Dr Martha Herbert - MD, PhD (USA) is an Assistant Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School, a Pediatric Neurologist at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, and an affiliate of the Harvard-MIT-MGH Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging.
|Dr N P Karthikeyen - MBBS, MS (ENT), DLO (India) is a highly respected autistic therapist.
• To develop positive awareness towards autism in the society.
• To educate and empower parents to meet the psychosocial challenges posed by autism.
• To present positive avenues in treatments for autism to inform and sensitise professionals.
• To discuss the challenges and changing concepts in autistic research to motivate young researchers.
• Medical doctors
• Parents, teachers and caretakers of autistic children
• Speech therapists
• Occupational therapists and other allied health professionals
For further information, contact: