The IMU International Summer Programme is offered specifically during the summer break of international undergraduate programmes. The programme combines study of a new subject and cultural exposure. The programme also seeks to involve local students in related activities.
Educate participants on focused topics related to health and wellness
Facilitate critical thinking on health and wellness from the Asian perspective
Expose participants to the Asian culture
Encourage inter-professional learning
Enable internalization and global communication
Foster participation in social projects
Exposure to university studies
About the Programme
– Social & Cultural (After 5.00pm & on weekends)
– Field trips
– Excluding travel & meal expenses
– 10% discount for a group of 10
The programme provides opportunities to undergraduate students to experience the Malaysian culture and broaden their knowledge on health literacy. It covers two modules, Health and Wellness: the Asian Experience and Malaysian Culture.
Health and Wellness: the Asian Experience
- Tropical diseases
- Mental health
- Physical wellbeing – Tai-chi, yoga, etc,
- Nutrition – the Asian diet
- Traditional medicine
- Patient care – Asian sensitivities
- Perspectives on health through the Asian imagination
- Current research on health in Asia
- Technology and health
- Cross-cultural communication
- Historical places
- Religious sites
- Food trail
- Traditional sports
- Customs & traditional costumes
- Recreational parks
- Fusion Cultural show
How to Join?
- The programme is open to all International and local students enrolled in a college or university.
- Student must be 16 years old and above.
- Groups below 18 years must be accompanied by a staff from the educational institution.
- Non-native speakers of English are required to have intermediate English communication skills.
- Groups not fluent in the language may be accompanied by an interpreter.
- Topics related to health are general and participants need not have pre-requisites in the sciences.
- Students can enter Malaysia for the summer camp using a social pass.
- Accommodation provided by IMU is mandatory for students attending this programme.
– The accommodation fee is included in the programme fee.
– Accommodation is provided for 11 nights.