The airport pickup service is available to interstate or international students commencing their first semester at the International Medical University (IMU). This is a free service from KLIA or KLIA2 to the University, IMU hostel, hotels in Bukit Jalil or Sri Petaling area only.
- Before you request airport pickup
- Arriving at the airport
- Arranging airport pickup
- Before you book
- After you apply
Your flight information (including date and time of your arrival, flight number and airline and the airport name) should be sent to us at least 2 weeks before your arrival date. It is important to send this information as early as possible; otherwise, we might not be able to meet you at the airport.
Please arrange to arrive in Malaysia on a weekday if possible. This will help you to make necessary arrangements immediately. Please refer to the attached calendar so that you can avoid arriving on Malaysia’s public holidays.
Please be sure if you will be arriving in Kuala Lumpur via Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) or Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2). It is important for you to update us the correct arrival location to avoid any confusion. Once you arrive at the airport you will be greeted by an IMU representative. Please look around at the arrival hall for a sign with your name on it.
IMU representative will meet you at the arrival hall of the airport when you arrive and will transport you directly to IMU (if it is within office hours) or to your residential address (if you arrive after office hours). Please be reminded it is from KLIA or KLIA2 to the University, IMU hostel, hotels in Bukit Jalil or Sri Petaling area only.
- Interstate, International, Study Abroad and Exchange students commencing their first semester at the IMU are eligible for airport pickup.
- You must have an offer letter to study at IMU.
- You have already received your visa approval letter.
- You must have paid your first semester tuition and admin fee.
- You must apply at least two weeks (14 days) prior to your arrival date. We will not process a late request or incomplete submission.
- Clearly indicate your residential address in your booking form/email.
- IMU allows a maximum baggage limit of around 40kg, or 2 pieces of standard check in luggage and one carry on.
- If you will be traveling with over 40kg of luggage please indicate the weight of your baggage in the ‘Special Requirements’ section. We need to ensure the right transportation is arranged or you may need to book an additional airport transportation to accommodate the additional luggage at your expenses.
- No bikes, surfboards, golf equipment or other large items are allowed. If you are unsure of the items, please write to us to seek clarification.
- IMU is able to accommodate up to one (1) additional passenger for every student. The total number of passengeris limited to two (2) person only, including student.
- Any additional passenger/s may need to take the airport taxi.
- Subject to seat availability, extra passenger may travel using the University transportation with a minimum charge of RM50 per person to IMU. Additional charges may apply for additional distance.
- We would suggest you to schedule your arrival during the day time. This will help in sorting out some of the important arrangements which you may need to do immediately upon arriving.
- Please ensure that you have at least made temporary accommodation arrangements before booking your airport pickup.
- If you are arriving late at night, ask your hotel if they provide a 24-hour reception before you confirm your booking.
- If you are staying in IMU hostel, please ensure you notify the accommodation office on your arrival date and time.
When traveling with children, please indicate each child as an ‘Extra Passenger’ on the online form
- You will receive a confirmation email of your booking within 3 working days.
- Your confirmation outlines instructions on what need to be done when you arrive at the airport.
- All booking changes can be made through the link in your confirmation email.
- Confirmation is sent to the email provided in your application. If you have not received your confirmation email, please check your ‘Spam’ or ‘Junk’ filter.
- Contact IMU at [email protected] if you have not received confirmation within 3 working days. You may be asked to resubmit your application.
- All changes must be notified via email at least 3 working days (72 hours) prior to the rescheduled flight.
- You must include all details of your change, including your new flight number and arrival time, or destination address.
- Changes cannot be processed without the full details of your arrival.
Contact IMU immediately to notify of changes that occur in transit.
It will be helpful if you can inform IMU representative when flights are late or experience delays. You can Whatsapp or send an email to the contact provided.
- There is no fee for cancellation made in advance. Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance of your original arrival time.
- There will be an administrative charge of RM100 for any event of ‘no turn-up’ or late cancellation less than 48 hours from the expected arrival time.
- Cancellations can be made through the alteration form in your confirmation email
Instructions for your arrival are outlined in your confirmation