Making An Appointment
You may make an appointment with the counsellor through the following methods:
- Come into the IMU Self Development Unit office.
- Call us at the telephone no listed.
- Email us at [email protected] for Bukit Jalil or [email protected] for Seremban.
- Students at other branches may email to either email address above. Telephone counselling is available. Face-to-Face counselling may be arranged.
- Talk to your mentor/lecturer about making an appointment for you.
We are open from Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm (close on public holidays) at the Bukit Jalil campus. For Seremban Clinical Campus, we are open every Thursday 12pm – 3pm. Mon-Wed and Fridays are by appointment. For other branch campuses, please call or email to make an appointment or for telephone counselling. When you come, you will be asked to complete a “Counselling Registration Form” and read through the “Informed Consent Form”, which take about 5-10 minutes. Each session is approximately 60 minutes. Some sessions may be longer (90 min) if expressive art activities are facilitated during the session. If this is a life threatening emergency, please call 999 immediately. Please refer to After-hours assistance for numbers to call after office hours.
MEET THE COUNSELLORS
- Befrienders: 03-7956 8144 / 03-956 8145 (24 hours)
- Lifeline Association Malaysia: 03-9282 1995 (Mon-Fri, 7pm-10pm)
- Police Station Bukit Jalil: 03-8994 3284
- General Hospital (Hospital Kuala Lumpur): 03-2615 5555 / 03-2692 1044
- University Hospital (University of Malaya Medical Centre): 03-7949 4422
- Other useful Telephone Numbers- AWAM (All Women’s Action Society): 03-7877 0224 (Monday to Friday, 10am-4:30pm)
IMU Self Development Unit provides personal counselling and self-development activities. If you are a prospective student and have any enquiries regarding any of our education programmes, please click here.