ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL IMU STUDENTS & STAFF
(6 May 2021)
Further to the latest announcement by the Malaysian Government on 5 May 2021, please be informed on the updates of Movement Control Order status for the below with effect from 29 April – 17 May 2021 unless stated otherwise:-
|Movement Control Order (MCO)||Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO)||Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO)|
As IMU Campuses and Office operates within the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) areas, it is important that you continue to adhere strictly to the SOPs shared by the Malaysian government and the IMU Group Guidelines:
- In accordance with the Ministry of Higher Education’s (MOHE) Advisory dated 31 January 2021, students under the 6 identified categories will be allowed to return to campus with strict SOPs starting 1 March 2021.
- - For Students: Please refer to email dated 26 February 2021 from the Student Services Hub for more details or visit the Student Portal
- - For Staff: Please refer to your Head of Departments on work arrangements
- Please be informed that all Teaching and Learning will continue as per schedule. There are no changes unless updated by your respective Schools.
- Should you have any concerns pertaining to your academic matters, please reach out to your respective School’s Programme Director.
- Operations which are in compliance with CMCO directives are ongoing and you are to observe strict SOPs at all times. All meetings and appointments must be pre-scheduled.
- Interstate travels are still not allowed.
- - Should an employee require to travel for work purposes, an official letter of authorisation from the employer is required.
- - Under the MOHE Guidelines, students are allowed to cross state / district for face-to-face (F2F) clinical or skill-based training. Therefore, students identified for face-to-face (F2F) clinical or skill-based training by your respective schools, are required to bring along the official IMU letter of authorisation, timetable and your Student ID when you travel to campus.
- It is also important that you have downloaded the MySejahtera app to “check-in” and remember to register for your Covid-19 vaccination.
- The IMU Healthcare will continue to provide essential services. For updates, please refer to FB: IMUHealthcare
Should you require any further assistance during this period, please do not hesitate to email:
- For teaching & learning: please refer to your respective Programme Directors
- For e-learning: [email protected]
- For any other student matters: Student Services Hub ([email protected])
- For staff: please refer to your Head of Departments
- For your mental wellbeing: IMU Students please reach out to our counselors via the IMU 24/7 Mental Health Hotline at Call / WhatsApp: +6012 – 431 1562
BE VIGILANT AND PRACTISE THE 3Cs AND 3Ws
Your health and wellbeing is very important to us. Hence, it is important that everyone continues to be vigilant and practise the following:-
- Wear face mask – please ensure you wear a face mask properly when you are out in public areas
- Good hand hygiene – wash your hands with soap and water (20 seconds) or use hand sanitisers regularly. Do not touch your face (eyes/nose/mouth) if your hands are not cleaned or sanitised
- Physical distancing – keep at least 2 metres or 2 arms-length from other people. Avoid crowded or confined areas and close conversations
- Respiratory etiquette – cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and immediately discard it in the bin and wash / sanitise your hands
- If you are unwell or have flu-like symptoms – fever, cough, sore throat, etc, please seek medical treatment, wear a mask and do not come to campus. Please update your Programme Director (for students) / Head of Department (for staff) and rest and recover.
- If you are identified as a positive Covid-19 patient OR a close contact, please immediately self-isolate and inform your Dean/Associate Dean/ Programme Director/Mentor (for students) or Head of Department (for staff) for further actions.
Please check your emails regularly for the latest advisories to ensure your journey with us continues smoothly with minimal disruptions in this dynamic situation.
Thank you for your kind cooperation. Let’s all do our part and be socially responsible. Stay Safe and Healthy!