ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL IMU STUDENTS & STAFF
(20 Nov 2020)
Further to the latest announcement by the Malaysian Government on 20 November 2020, the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) for the following four (4) states will be lifted on 21 November 2020: Kedah, Malacca, Johor and Terengganu; with the exception of Kulim (Kedah) and Kota Tinggi and Mersing (Johor).
However, States currently under the CMCO will continue accordingly until 6 December 2020. This includes Kelantan which will undergo CMCO starting 21 November 2020 for two weeks.
Under these circumstances, please be informed that:
- The IMU Clinical Campus in Batu Pahat and Kluang will reopen its campuses and face-to-face teaching and learning activities will resume accordingly on 22 November 2020.
- The International Medical University (IMU) – Bukit Jalil Campus and Seremban Clinical Campus will continue to remain closed. During this period, please be informed that online Teaching and Learning will continue as per timetable.
- Any changes to the schedules will be updated by the respective Schools. Should you have any concerns pertaining your academic matters, please reach out to your respective School’s Programme Director.
- Although the physical campuses under CMCO are closed, operations which are in compliance with CMCO directives are still ongoing. Respective departments are contactable via online.
- F&B Outlets: Chill-out café / Mamak will open from 7am – 6pm for dine-in and takeaway during this period in accordance with the CMCO regulations
- IMU Healthcare will continue to provide essential services. For updates, please refer to FB: IMUHealthcare
Should you require any further assistance during this period, please do not hesitate to email:
- For teaching & learning: please refer to your respective Programme Directors
- For e-learning: [email protected]
- For any other student matters: Student Services Hub ([email protected])
- For staff: please refer to your Head of Departments
- For your mental wellbeing: IMU Students please reach out to our counsellors via the IMU 24/7 Mental Health Hotline at Call / WhatsApp: +6012 – 431 1562
BE VIGILANT AND PRACTISE THE 3Cs AND 3Ws
Your health and wellbeing is very important to us. Hence, it is important that everyone continues to be vigilant and practise the following:-
- Wear face mask – please ensure you wear a face mask properly when you are out in public areas
- Good hand hygiene – wash your hands with soap and water (20 seconds) or use hand sanitisers regularly. Do not touch your face (eyes/nose/mouth) if your hands are not cleaned or sanitised
- Physical distancing – keep at least 1 meter or 2 arms-length from other people. Avoid crowded or confined areas and close conversations
- Avoid non-essential travels – please adhere to the latest CMCO SOPs
- Respiratory etiquette – cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and to immediately discard it in the bin and wash / sanitise your hands
- If you are unwell or have flu-like symptoms – fever, cough, sore throat, etc, please seek medical treatment and wear a mask. Please update your Programme Director (for students) / Head of Department (for staff) and rest and recover.
Please stay updated with the University to ensure your journey with us continues smoothly with minimal disruptions in this dynamic situation.
Thank you for your kind cooperation. Stay Safe and Healthy!