ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL IMU STUDENTS & STAFF
(12 May 2021)
Further to the latest announcement by the Malaysian Government on 10 May 2021, in order to curb the high numbers of Covid-19 cases, please be informed that the whole country is placed under the Movement Control Order (MCO 3.0) from 12 May to 7 June 2021.
[news ref: https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2021/05/10/pm-whole-country-under-mco-from-may-12-june-7 ]
In accordance MCO 3.0 SOPs, and in line with the Ministry of Higher Education’s (MOHE), please be informed that all educational institutions are to be physically closed and to conduct online Teaching and Learning. However, a few exceptions have been made by the governing authorities to allow students with specific Teaching and Learning needs to return to campus based on strict SOPs.
- For Students: Please refer to your respective Schools for the latest updates. You may also refer to the Student Portal or Student Services Hub for more information.
- For Staff: Please refer to your Head of Departments on work arrangements
- Please be informed that all online Teaching and Learning will continue as per schedule. There are no changes unless updated by your respective Schools.
- Should you have any concerns pertaining to your academic matters, please reach out to your respective School’s Programme Director.
- Operations which are in compliance with MCO directives are ongoing and you are to observe strict SOPs at all times.
- Interstate and inter-district travels are still not allowed.
- - Should an employee require to travel for work purposes, an official IMU letter of authorisation from the employer is required.
- - Under the MKN / MOHE Guidelines, students are allowed to cross state / district for face-to-face (F2F) clinical or skill-based training or those under the mentioned categories. Therefore, students identified for face-to-face (F2F) clinical or skill-based training by your respective schools, you are required to bring along the latest official IMU letter of authorisation, timetable and your Student ID when you travel to campus.
- It is also important that you have downloaded the MySejahtera app to “check-in” and remember to register for your Covid-19 vaccination.
- The IMU Healthcare will continue to provide essential services. For updates, please refer to FB: IMUHealthcare
Should you require any further assistance during this period, please do not hesitate to email:
- For teaching & learning: please refer to your respective Programme Directors
- For e-learning: [email protected]
- For any other student matters: Student Services Hub ([email protected] / call +603 2731 7708)
- For staff: please refer to your Head of Departments
- For your mental wellbeing: IMU Students please reach out to our counsellors via the IMU 24/7 Mental Health Hotline at Call / WhatsApp: +6012 – 431 1562
BE VIGILANT AND PRACTISE THE 3Cs AND 3Ws
Your health and wellbeing are very important to us. Hence, it is important that everyone continues to be vigilant and practise the following:-
- Stay at home – please minimise your movement during this period and adhere to the government’s SOPs.
- Wear face mask – please ensure you wear a face mask properly when you are out in public areas
- Good hand hygiene – wash your hands with soap and water (20 seconds) or use hand sanitisers regularly. Do not touch your face (eyes/nose/mouth) if your hands are not cleaned or sanitised
- Physical distancing – keep at least 1 metre from other people. Avoid crowded or confined areas and close conversations
- Respiratory etiquette – cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and to immediately discard it in the bin and wash / sanitise your hands
- If you are unwell or have flu-like symptoms – fever, cough, sore throat, etc, please seek medical treatment, wear a mask and do not come to campus. Please update your Programme Director (for students) / Head of Department (for staff) and rest and recover.
- If you are identified as a positive Covid-19 patient OR a close contact, please immediately self-isolate and inform your Dean/Associate Dean/ Programme Director/Mentor (for students) or Head of Department (for staff) for further actions.
Please check your emails regularly for the latest advisories to ensure your journey with us continues smoothly with minimal disruptions in this dynamic situation. Thank you for your kind cooperation. Let’s all do our part and be socially responsible. Stay Safe and Healthy!