Careers at IMU
Delivering the future of better healthcare
The International Medical University (IMU) in Malaysia was established 29 years ago in line with the Malaysian government objective of making the country a leading centre of educational excellence in the region and providing more Malaysian students the opportunity to achieve their aspiration to become doctors, pharmacists and nurses.
Interested applicants are welcomed to apply via e-mail to [email protected] along with their complete CV as attachment, e-mail address, contact number and names & contact details of three referees. Kindly indicate this reference number : Ref. No: FWJA0012016 in the cover letter subject column.
Salary scales would be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. We thank all candidates for their expressed interest, however, only those who are shortlisted for an interview will be notified.
- Ensure the maintenance of controlled documents.
- Implement patient safety goals.
- Ensure internal quality audit is conducted.
- Prepare and facilitate closing the gaps for accreditation.
- Compile and analyze quality indicator and incidents.
- Facilitate improvement activities with relevant department/groups.
- Member of Healthcare Advisory Board (HAB) / Medical and Dental Advisory Committee (MDAC) and sub-committee’s meetings as per Committee terms of reference. Help ensure meetings are conducted.
- Ensure clinician practising are credentialed and privileged prior to practice in Healthcare.
- Minimum degree in any healthcare field with at least 5 years working experience in a healthcare hospital. Minimum 3 years in Quality Assurance and Medical Affair.
- Familiarity with accreditation standards and Private Healthcare Act requirements.
- Able to work closely with consultant specialist, head of departments and staff at all levels.
- Plans, monitors, and supervises all medical records, operational activities in the most effective and efficient manner and ensures that the patient records are maintained and managed in compliance with current government regulations and accreditation standards.
- Ensures patients’ records are being delivered to the requesters in a prompt and timely manner.
- Oversees all other medical record related activities such as diagnosis and procedural classification (coding), medical report processing, medical secretarial and transcription services.
- Monitors the department activities to ensure smooth operations and proper management of the department, in meeting the service and quality indicators set by the department.
- Supervise and coordinate the daily activities and functions of the department including filing, retrieval and archiving of medical records, processing applications for medical reports/insurance certificates, registration of deaths, ICD coding, notification of infectious diseases, mortality, cancer cases, etc.
- To oversee the servicing of customers, both internal and external in matters relating to medical records functions.
- To provide courteous and tactful customer service and taking necessary actions to promptly process applications for medical reports/insurance certificates and death certificates and to ensure that the completed documents are issued to authorized persons.
- Degree in Health Information Management or Nursing, or any other healthcare related discipline.
- Have at least 5 years of working experience in a hospital or health related organization and 3 years managing the department.
- Comprehensive knowledge of “Records Management” procedures and guidelines is essential.
- Strong nursing or clinical knowledge would be advantage.
- To generally ensure fire and safety precaution and the maintenance and serviceability of fire equipment, lights, electrical fittings, air conditioners etc.
- Maintenance of building-supervise all works carried out by external contractors. Arrange for quotations and evaluate price and recommend work accordingly.
- To ensure and check the Hospital area periodically and attend to any immediate problem immediately according to hospital response time.
- To perform and monitor all repairs to mechanic and electrical equipment/system within the Hospital.
- Maintain an inventory of parts, electrical fittings and fixtures, tools and equipment that are assigned and be responsible for their serviceability and safekeeping.
- Installation of minor electrical items, air conditions etc. and ensuring compliance of safety and in accordance with existing by laws.
- To ensure Plan Preventative Maintenance for all systems in the Hospital is monitored on a monthly to yearly basis.
- To perform energy management for all utilities and provide solutions to the Hospital in reducing cost in the long term.
- Holds a Chargeman (BO) certificate issued by Energy Commission of Malaysia.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in LV installation.
- Perakuan Kekompetenan Sebagai Penjaga Jentera
- Perakuan Kekompetenan Sebagai Pendawai
- Majlis Vokasional Kebangsaan Msia’s Juruelektrik (Domestik & Industry)
- Assist the Chinese Medicine Physicians in monitoring patients’ condition while treatment is taking place.
- Promptly reports to the Chinese Medicine Physician the progress of patients or any adverse reactions to treatment.
- Accurate packaging and dispensing of Chinese Medicine herbs to patients.
- Ensure professional attitudes and conducts toward patients through kindness and empathy so as to meet or exceed patients’ expectations.
- Accurate documentation of the treatment carried-out.
- Proper handling of confidential information and records of patients.
- Keeps work area clean, well-organized with sufficient items and consumables, and in safe condition at all time.
- Assist in ensuring the Chinese Medicine herbs are stored following the regulatory requirement and are available at all time with up-to-date documentation/record.
- Assist in ensuring the items and consumables such as acupuncture needles are available at all time.
- Assist in running daily maintenance checking/calibration on equipment and herb packaging machine before clinic sessions begin.
- Assist in keeping proper records of daily and periodic maintenance checking/calibration of equipment and relevant documents in relation to Chinese Medicine herbs.
- Captures all charges for the treatment or sales of items accurately and timely.
- Careful handling and preservation of apparatus and material to maintain cost effectiveness.
- Participate in the in-house training and meet all requirements stated in the training objectives.
- Minimum SPM, preferably with relevant working experience.
- Computer literate
- English proficiency
- Mandarin proficiency – reading and writing
- Customer Service Oriented
- Ensure all sanitary & plumbing systems are properly maintained & up-keep in good working condition.
- Ensure toilet fittings are well kept, good working condition and clean.
- Daily check on Grease trap, main incoming water supply and water pumps and record on logbook.
- Carry out weekly proper checking & maintenance of building finishes such as wall paintings, doors, and flooring.
- Check to ensure external area of building such as drainage, driveway, building facade and grass cutting are well kept at all time.
- Carry out all aspects of minor carpentry, masonry & plumbing works inclusive make good/repairs.
- Assist the technician in the day-to-day maintenance, repair & replacement of fused light bulb / fittings when required
- Holds a Certificate or Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years working experience in Healthcare/Hospital environment
- Perakuan Kekompetenan Sebagai Pendawai
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Accountable for day-to-day operation of the Pharmacy Store. Ensure the stores functions are carried out in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner according to Good Storage and Good Distribution Practices.
- Ensure safe, secure, proper storage and handling of pharmaceutical goods while in Pharmacy Store as well as during delivery to Satellite Stores and other locations.
- Ensure accurate and efficient receiving and issuance of pharmaceutical goods in accordance with the hospital policies and procedures.
- Main optimum stock level in Pharmacy Main Store and Sub Stores.
- Monitor Pharmacy Main Store stock levels and ensure timely replenishment.
- Ensure minimal write-offs by practicing strict FEFO (First Expiry, First out) and manage slow moving items.
- Ensure general housekeeping and cleanliness of the Pharmacy Store.
- Ensure Store staff compliance to policies and procedures.
- Minimum 3 years of managing a hospital pharmacy store with minimum SPM or Diploma in Logistic and Warehousing/ relevant related field.
- Have used Hospital Inventory System to manage inventory transaction: purchase requisition, transfer, issue, setting par level, etc.
- Good communication skills in both English & Bahasa Malaysia.
- Ability to perform physical task to lift boxes of stocks and put them away for storage.
- Control the Store operations by ensuring that all stocks inventory level is properly planned and according to the wards / departments needs and priorities.
- Monitor consumption of consumables in the Hospital and to maintain adequate stock in the department by setting up par level.
- Conduct periodic analysis on current trend to ensure par levels set are still viable. Frequency of periodic analysis to be set with Finance Manager/ Senior Finance Manager.
- Ensure FIFO method is adopted.
- Ensure transfer and issue of stocks are properly recorded, even at sub stores.
- Inform Purchasing to order and replenish items which are running low or below minimum level.
- Must possess at least Diploma in Business Management specializing in warehousing management or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of store management experiences. Experience in hospital environment will be an added advantage.
- 1-2 years working experience in basic accounting.
- Computer literate and must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Responsible in handling in-coming items and ensuring that the items are in good condition, whereby the packaging is properly sealed and not broken.
- Responsible in handling out-going items and ensuring that those are the correct items are as per requested by the respective wards and departments.
- Responsible to tag Inventory with barcode and place on shelves in an organised manner.
- Responsible in picking up stocks for PAR level top up – despatch the items required to the respective departments and liaise with Store Assistant and Senior Executive, Store if items are not correct.
- Assist Store Assistant in reporting to the Senior Executive, Store of any spoilage, breakage of inventory or near expiry.
- Assist the Senior Executive, Store in ensuring the General Store maintenance – store items are kept in a tidy and orderly manner and good housekeeping and safety awareness is always practised.
- SPM/STPM with credit in Mathematic and English.
- Working experience in warehousing and store management.
- Experience working in a similar capacity in the hospital industry is an added advantage.