The International Medical University (IMU) in Malaysia was established 24 years ago in line with the Malaysian government objective of making the country a leading centre of educational excellence in the region and providing more Malaysian students the opportunity to achieve their aspiration to become doctors, pharmacists and nurses.
Interested applicants are welcomed to apply via e-mail to [email protected] along with their complete CV as attachment, e-mail address, contact number and names & contact details of three referees. Kindly indicate this reference number : Ref. No: FWJA0012016 in the cover letter subject column.
Salary scales would be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. We thank all candidates for their expressed interest, however, only those who are shortlisted for an interview will be notified.
- Assist the Company Secretary in all company secretarial functions for IMU Group of companies.
- Maintain and update agreements, memoranda of understanding and all other legal documents, including monitoring the validity of tenancy and service agreements, and arranging for the renewal of such agreements, where appropriate.
- Provide support for meetings, including arrangement of meetings and review, compilation and distribution of relevant papers.
- Assist the Company Secretary with corporate exercises, corporate governance initiatives, internal audit programme and risk management programme as may be undertaken from time to time.
- An ICSA graduate or Degree holder in any discipline with 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Proficient in English language and Bahasa Malaysia, both written and spoken.
- Sound knowledge of the Companies Act and familiar with the Bursa Malaysia Listing Requirements and other relevant regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to work independently and effectively under pressure.
- Good planning, organization and time management skills with strong follow through.
- Proactive, resourceful and meticulous.
- High degree of integrity and sense of responsibility.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels.
- Prepare and direct the preparation of a variety of written correspondence, reports, procedures, directives and other tasks related to activities of the School.
- Maintain records that provide for the proper evaluation, control and documentation of assigned activities of the relevant Centres.
- Work closely with the Healthcare Administrator and Centre Manager to ensure proper housekeeping of all important documents required for fulfilling criteria set by licensing and regulatory bodies.
- Monitor quality and performance of support staff in relation to various operations and processes that support implementation of the programme and clinical service delivery.
- Liaison with regulatory and professional bodies, partner schools, industrial partners, adjunct staff and other general private practitioners on matters related to the activities of the School and the IMU.
- Prepare various documentations related to budget planning and monitor the financial transactions carried out with approved budget.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of various documentations required for purchases of equipment, instruments and all materials required by the School and Centres.
- Verify purchase orders prepared before submission for approval to the Dean of School.
- Monitor proper storage, inventory keeping, disbursements and all forms of transactions of items purchased.
- Attend all School Meetings to serve as Secretary of Meeting and provide progress report of matters related to assigned tasks.
- Ensure compliance and strict adherence to quality, safety, SOP and rules and regulations within the School.
- Oversee the effectiveness of Stock Management function not limited to Inventory Management and Procurement.
- Oversee the performance of storekeepers to ensure efficient, neat and systematic storage, issuance of materials, instruments, equipment and other supplies to the clinics and laboratories.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Dean or the Management.
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative/secretarial experience.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in academic environment – exposure in the dentistry environment would be an added advantage.
- Minimum Diploma in a related field of studies.
- Basic business and commercial work knowledge to support the School Operations.
- Basic knowledge in finance including budgetary process and cost operations management.
- Basic knowledge in inventory and storage management.
- Analyse the Individual Development Plan (IDP) to identify the training needs of each individual employee in meeting the technical and behavioural competency gaps for their professional and personal development.
- Source and recommend training providers. This includes evaluating training instructors’ performances and the effectiveness of training programmes, and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in formulating training and development policies, procedures and improvement plans based on identified University needs and changes in culture.
- To ensure effective administration of performance management, including timely submission of performance planning and reviews by all staff.
- Provide advice and conduct training for staff on the performance appraisal process, to drive a performance-oriented culture.
- Ensure the University KPIs are cascaded to the respective departments and individuals and monitor its progress.
- Assist in Talent Management and Succession Planning initiatives and activities.
- Assist in developing, implementing and evaluating relevant learning interventions with the aim to transform IMU into a Learning Organisation.
- Source and propose relevant Leadership programmes for High potentials, aligned to IMU needs.
- Responsible for the operational of the Faculty Mentor & Academic Appraisal exercise.
- Responsible for the operational of the Corporate Mentoring exercise.
- Assist in obtaining approval from Management and preparation of bond agreements for Education Sponsorship.
- Responsible for HR Portal, particularly with training and development section, ensuring that information and documents are updated and retrieval is convenient.
- Develop, manage and execute the orientation programme for new staff, particularly on the training and development section, to create a positive new hire experience.
- Consolidate and submit monthly management reports.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree in any field
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good command of English language, both written and spoken.
- Hands-on in training and development methodologies, training needs analysis and performance management.
- Competent trainer who can conduct soft skills training for staff at all levels.
- Capable of working within tight deadlines and able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively with internal and external parties.
- All staff is expected to ensure quality when discharging their duties and responsibilities.