The International Medical University (IMU) in Malaysia was established 24 years ago in line with the Malaysian government objective of making the country a leading centre of educational excellence in the region and providing more Malaysian students the opportunity to achieve their aspiration to become doctors, pharmacists and nurses.
Interested applicants are welcomed to apply via e-mail to [email protected] along with their complete CV as attachment, e-mail address, contact number and names & contact details of three referees. Kindly indicate this reference number : Ref. No: FWJA0012016 in the cover letter subject column.
Salary scales would be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. We thank all candidates for their expressed interest, however, only those who are shortlisted for an interview will be notified.
- Analyse existing Servicing processes and procedures.
- Ensures processes and procedures support the vision and direction of the departmental vision set forth by HOD
- Interact with leadership of other departments to maximise efficiency.
- Development of comprehensive process flows and evaluate for efficiency.
- Communicate with Management regularly regarding opportunities for improvement.
- Continually evaluate and enhance workflow to implement best practices.
- Compile and analyse statistical data relative to productivity of current activities.
- Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of all systems, policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance to sustain improvement changes.
- Communicates key lessons learned and best practices from across divisional process improvement projects
- Stays up to date in the application of process improvement tools and techniques.
- Handle special projects as requested.
- Manage and drive project management activities to ensure successful implementation of projects.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in process analysis.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with management responsibilities.
- Experience in ITIL framework.
- Excellent communication skill.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Assist the Company Secretary in all company secretarial functions for IMU Group of companies.
- Maintain and update agreements, memoranda of understanding and all other legal documents, including monitoring the validity of tenancy and service agreements, and arranging for the renewal of such agreements, where appropriate.
- Provide support for meetings, including arrangement of meetings and review, compilation and distribution of relevant papers.
- Assist the Company Secretary with corporate exercises, corporate governance initiatives, internal audit programme and risk management programme as may be undertaken from time to time.
- An ICSA graduate or Degree holder in any discipline with 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Proficient in English language and Bahasa Malaysia, both written and spoken.
- Sound knowledge of the Companies Act and familiar with the Bursa Malaysia Listing Requirements and other relevant regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to work independently and effectively under pressure.
- Good planning, organization and time management skills with strong follow through.
- Proactive, resourceful and meticulous.
- High degree of integrity and sense of responsibility.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels.
Reporting within the Finance Department (FD), the position is a generalist in IMU Education, focusing on matters pertaining to finance operations, planning and reporting. The role’s responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support FD operations – receivables & payables maintenance and analysis, track clinician roster for salary matrix and commission calculation, reconciliations & adjustments and transaction close process.
- Support financial planning – annual budget, budget utilization.
- Support management reporting and analysis – ad hoc and monthly financial/budget reports, statistical data and trend reports, analysis of revenue, expense items and performance indicators, presentation slides.
- Support costing and pricing – ABC / cost allocation.
- Generation of transaction reports and data, perform data entry and adjustments, assist in process improvements and finance systems implementation. There is also a need to work through the Financial and Holding Company systems for operations and reporting purposes.
- Support Financial Planning System – Anaplan and excel financial models.
- Minimum Diploma in accounting, and presently pursuing an accounting professional certification.
- Fresh graduates with Accounting/Finance Degree are encouraged to apply.
- 3 to 5 years of working experience in finance role for candidates who are pursuing a professional certification.
- Experience or internship in an audit or accounting firm will be an advantage.
- Responsible for calendar management
- Coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings
- Provide confidential secretarial support
- Handle and organize daily routine, screening and attending telephone communication, schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments
- Receive, monitor, organize and tracks documents to ensure proper handling with regards to signatures, distributions and responses
- Prepare confidential and official correspondences, memorandum, agenda and minutes of meeting
- Coordinates contents of high level reports and writes reports as and when required
- Bachelor degree in any field with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Multi-tasking, resourceful and proactive with sense of urgency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Competent in Microsoft Office such as Microsoft Words, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
- Pleasant personality, self-motivated, good interpersonal skills and able to work independently.
- Mature, attentive to details with strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Prepare and direct the preparation of a variety of written correspondence, reports, procedures, directives and other tasks related to activities of the School.
- Maintain records that provide for the proper evaluation, control and documentation of assigned activities of the relevant Centres.
- Work closely with the Healthcare Administrator and Centre Manager to ensure proper housekeeping of all important documents required for fulfilling criteria set by licensing and regulatory bodies.
- Monitor quality and performance of support staff in relation to various operations and processes that support implementation of the programme and clinical service delivery.
- Liaison with regulatory and professional bodies, partner schools, industrial partners, adjunct staff and other general private practitioners on matters related to the activities of the School and the IMU.
- Prepare various documentations related to budget planning and monitor the financial transactions carried out with approved budget.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of various documentations required for purchases of equipment, instruments and all materials required by the School and Centres.
- Verify purchase orders prepared before submission for approval to the Dean of School.
- Monitor proper storage, inventory keeping, disbursements and all forms of transactions of items purchased.
- Attend all School Meetings to serve as Secretary of Meeting and provide progress report of matters related to assigned tasks.
- Ensure compliance and strict adherence to quality, safety, SOP and rules and regulations within the School.
- Oversee the effectiveness of Stock Management function not limited to Inventory Management and Procurement.
- Oversee the performance of storekeepers to ensure efficient, neat and systematic storage, issuance of materials, instruments, equipment and other supplies to the clinics and laboratories.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Dean or the Management.
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative/secretarial experience.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in academic environment – exposure in the dentistry environment would be an added advantage.
- Minimum Diploma in a related field of studies.
- Basic business and commercial work knowledge to support the School Operations.
- Basic knowledge in finance including budgetary process and cost operations management.
- Basic knowledge in inventory and storage management.
- Analyse the Individual Development Plan (IDP) to identify the training needs of each individual employee in meeting the technical and behavioural competency gaps for their professional and personal development.
- Source and recommend training providers. This includes evaluating training instructors’ performances and the effectiveness of training programmes, and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in formulating training and development policies, procedures and improvement plans based on identified University needs and changes in culture.
- To ensure effective administration of performance management, including timely submission of performance planning and reviews by all staff.
- Provide advice and conduct training for staff on the performance appraisal process, to drive a performance-oriented culture.
- Ensure the University KPIs are cascaded to the respective departments and individuals and monitor its progress.
- Assist in Talent Management and Succession Planning initiatives and activities.
- Assist in developing, implementing and evaluating relevant learning interventions with the aim to transform IMU into a Learning Organisation.
- Source and propose relevant Leadership programmes for High potentials, aligned to IMU needs.
- Responsible for the operational of the Faculty Mentor & Academic Appraisal exercise.
- Responsible for the operational of the Corporate Mentoring exercise.
- Assist in obtaining approval from Management and preparation of bond agreements for Education Sponsorship.
- Responsible for HR Portal, particularly with training and development section, ensuring that information and documents are updated and retrieval is convenient.
- Develop, manage and execute the orientation programme for new staff, particularly on the training and development section, to create a positive new hire experience.
- Consolidate and submit monthly management reports.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree in any field
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good command of English language, both written and spoken.
- Hands-on in training and development methodologies, training needs analysis and performance management.
- Competent trainer who can conduct soft skills training for staff at all levels.
- Capable of working within tight deadlines and able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively with internal and external parties.
- All staff is expected to ensure quality when discharging their duties and responsibilities.
- Payroll Administration for Full Time / Part Time / Research Assistant & Casual Workers. This includes performing daily payroll department operations & administration and delivery of monthly payroll.
- Execute and update staff’s overtime & leave details for processing and interface with payroll.
- Registration of TAX, EPF & SOCSO.
- Ensure proper taxation and deductibles of employer paid benefits & process timely statutory payment and report (EPF / SOCSO / HRDF / PTPTN / LHDN.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Prepare acceptance of resignation and leave balance calculation
- Prepare full documentation of tax clearance and EPF withdrawal for expatriates’ resignation and update tax status in payroll system
- Create and maintain all staff information in HRIS / Excel Sheet.
- Preparation of year-end EA & BE Form.
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed (i.e. Market Survey data & Department of Statistical Quarter / Annual Report).
- Administer and safekeeping of petty cash with accurate transaction claim and timely replenishment.
- Reports preparation including but not limited to payroll report, finance report, salary matrix report, headcount & budget report and other related reports.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, any field.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Must have experiences in payroll processing and appropriate statutory legislation (Employment Act, EPF, SOCSO, Income Tax, HRDF).
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel.
- Capable of solving problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Respectful of the confidential nature of the role.
- Ability to work to meet tight deadlines and in a fast paced environment.
- Passionate and driven to deliver a first class service.
- Execute tender/sourcing process to evaluate, recommend the goods/services, supplier and submit for approval in accordance with the Limits of Authority (LOA) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) Procedure.
- To lead the sourcing project with the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate internal resources and vendors for seamless execution of sourcing project phases
- Review and analyse the internal requesting department’s scope and requirement prior to the pre-sourcing, and drive the sourcing evaluation criteria and TCO.
- Participate in or oversee the pre-qualification and bid evaluation process
- Ensure compliance to IMU Sourcing Policy when executing sourcing project
- Develop and maintain sourcing project on-time and within scope and perform risk management to minimize projects risks
- Drive savings through tenacious negotiation, re-negotiation and an understanding of buying and procurement.
- To work with stakeholders and Finance department on opportunity assessment including budget management.
- Execute Supplier Performance Evaluation Exercise to evaluate & recommend the best suppliers in the Preferred Supplier List.
- Provide updates on market, vendors, services and/or product trends to internal stakeholders.
- Overall in-charge of inbound logistic activities that include:
- Application of import permit, exemption of import duty & excise duty in compliance with the statutory & regulatory requirements and for cost saving.
- Coordination of inbound logistic.
- Process & review the application to register a new vendor if with strong justification
- Vendor contract management – new and recurring.
Reporting & Analysis
- Regular reporting of purchasing and procurement transactions, performance and analysis, as well as to develop and implement action plan for continual improvement.
- Process application of new supplier, recommend for approval/rejection and manage master data (Supplier Master, Item Source Reference, Goods and Services Tax (GST) Relief Certificate, etc.)
- Guide requester/user on statutory & regulatory requirements, policy & procedure and system transaction.
- Carry out related departmental tasks as and when needed.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering, Finance and Accounting or equivalent.
- Required skill(s): MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Word, Oracle PeopleSoft.
- Good command of English language – both written and oral.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in sourcing, purchasing and logistic, or business finance planning.
- Experience in education and healthcare industry will be an advantage.
- Intermediate problem solving skills.
- Result oriented & good time management – ability to meet tight deadline.
- Effective communication including active listening.
- Capable of working under pressure and able to multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills, possess critical and connected thinking skills.
Reporting & analysis
- Consolidate and analyse financial statements/data and report financial performance by comparing actual results, financial KPIs and ratios with past data, forecasts and projections.
- Evaluate capital/project expenditures and depreciation.
- Evaluate profit and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organisation/group and recommends cost management measures to improve financial performance.
- Identify trends and areas for financial and/or process improvements, recommend actions based on sound analysis and thereafter, monitor variances and performance.
- Identify areas for guidelines, policies development and improvement that impact the Reporting, FP&A functions and recommend actions.
- Perform market research, data gathering and conduct benchmarking to support existing business and exploration of investment opportunities.
- Perform business finance analysis and project evaluation, e.g. calculation and assessment of Return on Investment (ROI), Internal Rate of Return (IRR), NPV etc.
- Tax and deferred tax computation for actuals and budget.
Financial planning & forecasting
- Consolidation, analysis and reporting of annual budgets.
- Establish robust financial models and perform quarterly/regular business forecast and projections in full suite bearing income/cost statements, financial position and cash flows etc.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly operations and reporting PowerPoint slides.
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data and maintain databases by entering, verifying and backing up data in systems and reporting platforms.
- Coordinate with finance members and/or other internal/external stakeholders to review financial information and forecasts.
ABC allocation, costing & pricing
- Costing & ABC allocation – establish robust costing methods and ABC cost allocation framework to support financial improvements, efficiency and project/produce pricing. Perform analysis of cost variances, impact reporting and recommend actions.
- Support pricing of products based on established standard/ABC costing.
- Advises internal departments and management staff on costing, pricing and financial analysis of products and services.
Systems & automation
- Systems and automation – increase productivity by developing automated excel/system-based processes/models, coordinating information or data requirements and gaining expertise in Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), Business Intelligence (BI) and other related tools, systems and platforms that would be useful for the incumbent’s role.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis or other supporting functions that may be assigned as needed from time to time.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Professional qualification in CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- 6 – 8 years working experience with 3 – 5 years of hands-on experience as a Financial Analyst.
- Experience in external audit and/or holding relevant roles in FP&A will be an advantage.
- Strong accounting and financial knowledge.
- Expert-level analytical, statistical and financial modelling skills with hands on knowledge of financial forecasting, diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis.
- Meticulous and proficient in using excel spreadsheets and power tool to perform financial modelling and reporting as well as fluent in using databases, MS Office, ERP systems and related technologies.
- A strategic and connected thinker.
- Outstanding communication skills with ability to influence, persuade and deal with people of all levels.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good business acumen and well informed in current financial subjects, tax laws, business environment and industry.
- Experience and proven performance in leading automation of business and reporting processes will be an advantage.
- Able to multitask and work effectively in a high pressure environment.
- Responsible for daily operations of skills centre including cleanliness, physical set-up, preparation of manuals and history scripts.
- Manage equipment and models inventory and stock including monitoring usage of teaching materials / disposables and procurement of new items.
- Control, clean and purchase inventory.
- Prepare medical models and manikins for learning purposes.
- Provide teaching of procedural skills to students in the Simulation Centre.
- Conduct “Direct Observation of Procedural Skills” (DOPS).
- Prepare and conduct workshops and other events in CSSC.
- Coordinate simulated patients and students in the communication skills classes
- Assist in the recruitment and training of real and simulated patients.
- Coordinate and assist with academic staff in the preparation of the physical set-up of OSCE.
- Assist in the smooth running of the OSCE on day of examination.
- Attend to general enquiries at the CSSC front counter.
- Must have at least 2 years of relevant experience as dental technologist
- Able to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Dental Technology qualification and basic computer skills are added advantages.