Careers at IMU
Delivering the future of better healthcare
The International Medical University (IMU) in Malaysia was established 24 years ago in line with the Malaysian government objective of making the country a leading centre of educational excellence in the region and providing more Malaysian students the opportunity to achieve their aspiration to become doctors, pharmacists and nurses.
Interested applicants are welcomed to apply via e-mail to [email protected] along with their complete CV as attachment, e-mail address, contact number and names & contact details of three referees. Kindly indicate this reference number : Ref. No: FWJA0012016 in the cover letter subject column.
Salary scales would be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. We thank all candidates for their expressed interest, however, only those who are shortlisted for an interview will be notified.
Reporting and Analysis
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial performance reporting and analysis – Perform accurate and timely analysis of financial data and provide business insights to business heads, senior management and board of directors.
- Perform/review revenue amortization.
- Review and approve journal entries, operations reports, reconciliations and supporting schedules.
- Reporting to Holding Company in accordance to Listing Rules – consolidate and report group results and financials, tracking of Related Party Transactions.
- Perform/supervise business segments and Revenue Cost Centres (RCCs) reporting and analysis, including analysing cost allocation between business segments and RCCs.
- Report and analyse key performance indicators (KPIs) and rations for all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures. Continuous monitor of KPIs, statistical data, highlight trends and analyse causes of unexpected variance.
- Preparation of presentation slides to Management Committee/SMT, Board of Directors, RCCs and various other stakeholders.
- Statutory audits – handle and facilitate interim, final & other special audits for IMU Group.
- Corporate Taxation for education and healthcare segments
- Indirect taxes such as GST, Import duties.
- Submission of CP204, CP204A and annual tax submission.
- Tax and customs audits.
- Calculation of provisional tax and deferred tax for annual audit.
- Implement policies, guidelines, standards and SOPs to support the processes of reporting and tax.
- Make presentation of financial performance to business heads and senior management.
- Keen adopter/leaner of systems, Microsoft applications and other technological tools and/or programming language (e.g. Oracle Peoplesoft Financials and it’s reporting tool, Advanced level in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint).
- Collaborate with system accountant, FPA team members and IT to work on process improvements in the area of Reporting, Tax, FPA and automate/implement reporting dashboards.
- Supervision of staff.
- Other related and supporting functions that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Accountancy.
- Professional qualification in MIA, with additional qualification in CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- 10 years of related experience and spending the last 5 years in a supervisor / manager position in Finance Operations, Reporting, FP&A and/or Tax in a commercial setting.
- 3 years of external audit experience in the early years is an advantage.
- Assist the Company Secretary in all company secretarial functions for IMU Group of companies.
- Maintain and update agreements, memoranda of understanding and all other legal documents, including monitoring the validity of tenancy and service agreements, and arranging for the renewal of such agreements, where appropriate.
- Provide support for meetings, including arrangement of meetings and review, compilation and distribution of relevant papers.
- Assist the Company Secretary with corporate exercises, corporate governance initiatives, internal audit programme and risk management programme as may be undertaken from time to time.
- An ICSA graduate or Degree holder in any discipline with 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Proficient in English language and Bahasa Malaysia, both written and spoken.
- Sound knowledge of the Companies Act and familiar with the Bursa Malaysia Listing Requirements and other relevant regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to work independently and effectively under pressure.
- Good planning, organization and time management skills with strong follow through.
- Proactive, resourceful and meticulous.
- High degree of integrity and sense of responsibility.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels.
- Prepare and direct the preparation of a variety of written correspondence, reports, procedures, directives and other tasks related to activities of the School.
- Maintain records that provide for the proper evaluation, control and documentation of assigned activities of the relevant Centres.
- Work closely with the Healthcare Administrator and Centre Manager to ensure proper housekeeping of all important documents required for fulfilling criteria set by licensing and regulatory bodies.
- Liaison with regulatory and professional bodies, partner schools, industrial partners, adjunct staff and other general private practitioners on matters related to the activities of the School and the IMU.
- Prepare various documentations related to budget planning and monitor the financial transactions carried out with approved budget.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of various documentations required for purchases of equipment, instruments and all materials required by the School and Centres.
- Monitor proper storage, inventory keeping, disbursements and all forms of transactions of items purchased.
- Attend all School Meetings to serve as Secretary of Meeting and provide progress report of matters related to assigned tasks.
- Ensure compliance and strict adherence to quality, safety, SOP and rules and regulations within the School.
- Oversee the effectiveness of Stock Management function not limited to Inventory Management and Procurement.
- Oversee the performance of storekeepers to ensure efficient, neat and systematic storage, issuance of materials, instruments, equipment and other supplies to the clinics and laboratories.
- Minimum Diploma in a related field of study.
- Minimum 5 years of administrative/secretarial experience.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in academic environment – exposure in the dentistry environment would be an added advantage.
- Basic business and commercial work knowledge to support the School Operations.
- Basic knowledge in finance including budgetary process and cost operations management.
- Basic knowledge in inventory and storage management.
- Building competency of all the instructional designers and multimedia designers in our e-Learning unit.
- Design and develop learning solutions for multiple delivery methods including instructor-led, web-based, virtual classroom, Online and distance Learning (ODL) and blended instruction.
- Assist and train SME (Subject Matter Experts) in identifying tools, and technologies for flipped classroom.
- Plan, analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate new programmes for fully online mode.
- Integrate technology into curriculum, including social learning network.
- Assist faculty and staff in designing and conducting online assessment using different tools (Moodle, Web 2.0 tools, Google Apps., etc.).
- Assist academic staff to convert existing face-to- face programmes to ODL and blended learning.
- Collaborate with Portal Administrators (Learning Systems Unit) in designing and building online courses.
- Conduct research in ongoing instructional design and technology advancements that can be applied to IMU’s learning environment.
- Other tasks as specified by the e-Learning Manager from time to time.
- Minimum Degree in Instructional Design or a related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in designing and developing e- Learning.
- Working knowledge of e-Learning rapid development tools.
- Understanding of basic instructional design principles.
- Strong command of the English language.