Careers at IMU
Delivering the future of better healthcare
The International Medical University (IMU) in Malaysia was established 24 years ago in line with the Malaysian government objective of making the country a leading centre of educational excellence in the region and providing more Malaysian students the opportunity to achieve their aspiration to become doctors, pharmacists and nurses.
Interested applicants are welcomed to apply via e-mail to [email protected] along with their complete CV as attachment, e-mail address, contact number and names & contact details of three referees. Kindly indicate this reference number : Ref. No: FWJA0012016 in the cover letter subject column.
Salary scales would be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. We thank all candidates for their expressed interest, however, only those who are shortlisted for an interview will be notified.
Focus on IMU Healthcare finance operation, planning and reporting, responsibilities includes:
- Getting clinic ready – ensuring enough consumables etc. and disinfectant
- Preparation of patient for procedure
- Chaperon patient during procedure
- Update patient on waiting time
- Assist patient who are referred to other department
- Ensure all charges and clinic documentation are complete
- Organizing patient records
- Ensure there are sufficient stock, consumables etc for clinic use
- Ensure cleanliness of the clinic
- Assist front desk (registration, enquiries, appointment) when necessary
- Prepare month end clinic report
- Pleasant and friendly personality and works well in a team
- Minimum SPM Qualification
- Able to read and write in Mandarin
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good Computer skills (MS Office)
- Able to carry out duties with minimal supervision
This is a leading role for reporting, forecast, analysis and facilitate cross-functional workout projects within IMU Healthcare, such expectation involves:
- Set up project financial monitoring and tracking structure for the Hospital project. Monitor project performance, determine improvement areas by developing key performance indicators for critical metrics.
- Responsible for the financial modeling and feasibility of Healthcare’s accounting system and the patients billing system.
- Pricing – develop robust costing, pricing and financial statement modeling to support timely products pricing for profit centers, projects and events. Liaison with internal departments and government authorities regarding product pricing.
- To build and foster strong network ties with key TPAs (Third Party Administrators) and Insurance Companies and to further enhance the changing trends in healthcare cost structure to patients.
- Doctors’ Salary & Incentive Scheme / Practice Plan: works with IMU senior leadership to establish this structure and its operationalization.
- Supervision of staff comprising financial analysts, executives and/or officers.
- Implement policies, guidelines and SOPs to support the processes of reporting, budgeting/financial planning, forecasting & projection.
- As user or subject matter expert, work collaboratively with system accountant and IT project team to implement financial planning systems and reporting dashboards.
- Mandatory to have experience in accounting software and preferably knowledge in Hospital Information System & Billing systems.
- Have proven experience in managing project account setting with understanding and/or hands-on will be an advantage
- Understands and upholds general regulation and policies of the hospital and knowledge in the Private Healthcare Facilities and Services Act is preferred.
- Professional qualification in Accounting and Finance, ie. ACCA / ICAEW / MICPA or equivalent professional membership.
- A member of MIA.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience and 3-5 years as supervisor or manager of reporting, planning or analysis. This is a leading role for reporting, forecast, analysis and facilitate cross-functional workout projects within IMU Healthcare, such expectation involves:
- Provide a continuous primary care medical support service to support the needs of patients, Consultants and Allied Health staff at IMU Medical Clinic.
- Provide professional advice on the clinic’s policies and procedure, ensure adherence to the standard set out by Private Healthcare Facilities and Services Act and or other regulations.
- Participate in clinical audit and the implementation of clinical governance.
- As part of the ERT team, provide immediate first line resuscitation to patient, visitor or staff member as required.
- Monitor clinical risk and report on clinical incidents, drugs errors and near misses.
- Participate in the in-service education programme, inclusive of CRP, Health & Safety Training.
- MBBS or equivalent degree from Malaysia Medical Council (MMC) recognized university.
- Completed 2 years of horsemanship and 2 years of Medical Officer in government hospitals, preferably has worked in health clinics.
- Register with MMC.
- Possess a valid Annual Practicing Certificate.
- Possesses medical indemnity.
- Work collaboratively with the Oral Health Centre Manager and Clinician in Charge to deal with patient enquiries, feedbacks and complaints, be the first-line provider in ensuring patient care is delivered, and to promote pleasant experience for patients.
- To explain proposed treatment to patients using any available illustrations.
- To discuss the treatment options available and answer all the patient’s questions and refer to the dentist concerned, if further explanation is required.
- To manage patients’ waiting list to ensure patients are called for treatment in order.
- Management between dentist and patients should there be conflict of interest or complaints and to inform the Manager for intervention if required.
- To collect statistics on patient feedback and clinic activities as directed.
- To understand the schedule of daily operations of the Dental Officers, Faculty and student flow and relay that information into arranging patient appointments.
- To call or send email reminders to patients and specialists of upcoming appointments.
- To assist in maintaining the consignment stock inventory and to inform the manger when the stock runs low.
- To accept and keep record of work received and payments made to dental laboratories.
- 2 years’ full-time experience in an industry involving regular dealings with customers and clientele.
- Comprehensive knowledge on use of MS Office and other basic computer software.
- Demonstration of past job experience in record keeping and report writing.
- Fluent in the English language.