The International Medical University (IMU) in Malaysia was established 24 years ago in line with the Malaysian government objective of making the country a leading centre of educational excellence in the region and providing more Malaysian students the opportunity to achieve their aspiration to become doctors, pharmacists and nurses.
Interested applicants are welcomed to apply via e-mail to [email protected] along with their complete CV as attachment, e-mail address, contact number and names & contact details of three referees. Kindly indicate this reference number : Ref. No: FWJA0012016 in the cover letter subject column.
Salary scales would be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. We thank all candidates for their expressed interest, however, only those who are shortlisted for an interview will be notified.
- Manage the assigned dental polyclinic/dispensary/central sterile supply unit to ensure best practice in service provision, standards and adherence to relevant legislation and to codes of professional conduct.
- Support dentists in providing in the delivery of dental care to patients.
- Ensure all facilities of the dental centre are in good condition.
- Ensure high compliance on infection control procedures.
- Assist Practice Manager in the inventory of equipment.
- Conduct regular stock- check of instruments, materials and consumables.
- Oversee the supply for dental surgeries, students polyclinic and central sterile supply.
- Assist in the supervision of students in relation to the practice of four handed dentistry.
- Train and supervise other dental surgery assistants in their assigned dental assisting duties and care of dental clinical facilities.
- Keep records of maintenance and repair of dental equipment in the dental clinics and rooms assigned.
- Assist in the supervision of students and perform all other duties as requested by academic staff/clinical supervisor when students are using the clinical facilities.
- Assist in the training of dental students in the practice of infection control, oral hygiene instructions to patients and close support dentistry.
- Counsel patients about oral hygiene and nutrition.
- Perform any other duty as instructed by Director of Oral Health Centre, Practice Manager or Dean, School of Dentistry
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma in any field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in dental chair-side assisting is preferred.
- Expertise in clinical management of dental clinic and laboratory facilities is preferred
- Hands on experience in providing support and assistant to dentist
- Good knowledge and understanding of Infection Control Procedures.
- Competent in the work processes related to the organization, supervision, preparation, assistance and maintenance
- Computer literate including knowledge in PMS
- Provide specialized, evidence based and high quality diabetes care and education across primary, secondary & tertiary services.
- Contribute to the organisation and delivery of on-going education and training for other health care professional and carers and assist in the implementation of and adoption of local diabetes care strategies and guidelines.
- Contribute to the clinical management, education and support of the person with diabetes and their families / carers who are referred to the nursing service.
- Provide education and support to patients with diabetes/carers to enable them where possible to effectively self manage their diabetes.
- Determine specialistt diabetes care to be delivered to the patient in a variety of settings including hospitals, community clinics and patient homes.
- Participate in the clinical, treatment and management reviews of patients with diabetes at consultant and nurse led clinics in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team.
- Develop, implement and evaluate guidelines of care with the Diabetes Specialist Nursing Team for patients with diabetes for use within the specialist nursing service, primary care services and secondary care services.
- Develop specialist diabetes- related programmes of care for individuals.
- Act as an expert resource / advisor on diabetes issues to the person with diabetes, their family / carers and other health professionals across primary / secondary care.
- Be responsible for risk assessment and health and safety for self, team and service users in the health care setting.
- Assist in the recruitment process and development programmes of staff within the specialist diabetes team
- Must possess a degree in education administration or a related area.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Proven record of successful supervisory experience in a people-oriented environment.
- A proven record in working successfully with diverse populations.
- Driver for marketing, sales and communications aspects for the IMU healthcare projects in order to achieve business targets and objectives in line with the business plans and budgets.
- Develop and implement brand strategy and marketing strategy for the IMU healthcare brand and the IMU healthcare projects.
- Develop plans for indirect marketing programmes for target markets. Such programmes will include health talks, campaigns, and joint marketing events with other partners (vendors, labs /pharmacies/GPs.)
- Responsible for the implementation, support, analysis, execution and training for sales, marketing and customer service for the IMU healthcare centres. Develop mechanism for gathering of customer information, market intelligence and customer needs.
- Provide regular updates, recommendations, reports and presentations to IMU Senior Management and Board where necessary or requested.
- Key team participant with IMU Group on the IMU Cares programs for community and public relations.
- Responsible to manage any outside marketing contractors to see they meet agreements, contracts, and bring new concepts to the table.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (preferably marketing).
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Healthcare marketing, sales management and product pricing. Good understanding of both the retail and corporate markets systems of entry.
- Strong marketing skills and be able to work in team or independently.
- Excellent in building and maintain relationship with good communication skills.
- Knowledge of social media and internet marketing.
- A flair for copywriting and local dialects is an added advantage.
- Dynamic, high levels of self-motivation, initiative and commitment to integrity and ethical decision making.
- Creative, methodical and detail orientated approach.
- Serve as front liner for the Healthcare patients, business partners and other clients by greeting patients’/visitors and attending queries.
- Handle daily collections and data entry of transactions
- Prepare, monitor and handle the appointment log
- Handle retail stocks’ record keeping and stock takes
- Minimum SPM qualification
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Excel)
- Able to carry out duties with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in spoken Mandarin will be an added advantage
- 2 positions available
- Driver / coordinator in developing & implementing operational policies, standards of procedures, quality improvement and managing healthcare projects in line with IMU ASPIRE objectives.
- Overseeing all clinics / centre to ensure smooth daily operation of the facility.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and supervise the delivery of healthcare services with intention to improve efficiency and quality in the services provided and achieve better patient outcomes in the long run.
- Collaborate with all clinicians in delivery of quality healthcare services abide by clinical guidelines.
- Develop strategic operational plans and operating budget for all healthcare services including strategies for generating revenues and resources planning.
- Oversee day to day operations including human resource management, administrative management, process and material audit.
- Collaborate with all clinicians to achieve quality clinical practice governed by MOH and MSQH.
- Provide regular updates and recommendations to CEO, Healthcare.
- Professional nursing/medical related qualifications, recognized in Malaysia
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing a network of clinics/ healthcare centres
- Having a business related certification is preferred e.g. MBA
- Basic medical knowledge for both allopathic and complementary medicine
- Demonstrates the IMU Core behavior and values
- Strong people handling skills and willing to be a team player
- Personal development coaching skills and situational leadership skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office tools
- Financial planning skills including budgeting
- Take all types of Medical X-ray as requested by the IMU Healthcare clinics.
- Ensure licensing procedures of x-ray equipment are in accordance with regulations of MOH.
- Ensure overall radiation safety and protection for students, patients, operators and staff.
- Ensure regular calibration of x-ray equipment according to manufacturer recommendations.
- Keep track of “films” utility and to place order of consumables through Senior Nurse.
- Keep files and records of patient x-rays and request forms.
- Produce reports on a monthly basis on x-ray equipment usage and number of x-rays taken.
- Take general medical radiography images and dental intraoral and extra oral radiographs and dental CT scans for patients.
- Teach, supervise and monitor quality of radiographs taken by students when treating patients and during practical sessions in IMU Oral Health Centre when other radiographers are not available
- Teach Dental Surgery Assistants over proper x-ray techniques and monitor quality of radiographs taken.
- Work under the direction of the Healthcare Manager to ensure the smooth operational running of the IMU Healthcare clinics.
- To undertake ad hoc assignments as and when required
- Must be a qualified radiographer and has obtained a Diploma of the Society of Radiographers.
- 3 years working experience in dental radiography.
- Ability to effectively teach radiography techniques and principles.
- Good English communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Good computer skills is required
- Greet customers when entering and leaving the establishment; promptly answer to phone calls and email enquiry, redirect queries as necessary
- Maintain clean and safe reception, clinic areas, complying to procedures, rules and regulations
- Book subsequent appointments and call or email reminders to patients & specialists of upcoming appointments
- Adhere to nursing standards of care in the delivery of nursing service
- Prepare required equipment’s and assist doctors during examination and treatment of patients; ensure examination couches are ready for patient use.
- Participate in guiding and teaching junior staff
- Check, update all stocks and inventories including availability; assist in organizing and systematically file all hardcopies of patient records
- Act as IMU ambassador in all activities upholding IMU Healthcare values
- Ensure all billing charges have been finalized and keyed into system; collect payment – card or cash, from patients and issue receipts.
- Tabulate the daily collection, ensure accuracy and deposit at cashier assigned.
- Assist patients with insurance claims when required.
- Assist in generating month end sales and collection report and to ensure it reconciles with total payments received from cash, credit cards.
- To undertake ad hoc assignments as and when required
- A University Diploma in Nursing.
- At least 2 years of clinical experience in multidisciplinary setting.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good customer service orientation.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Positive demeanor.
- Multitasking is mandatory.
- Able to work extended hours when required and be transferred to different clinic locations within the Klang Valley.