ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL IMU STUDENTS & STAFF
(25 March 2020)
Further to the latest announcement by the Malaysian Government on 25 March 2020, the Movement Control Order (MCO) has been extended to 14 April 2020 to curb the Covid-19 situation. In line with this MCO, the International Medical University (IMU) will continue to close all its campuses and office facilities except selected healthcare services. For healthcare services, please refer to our Facebook: IMUHealthcare for more info.
In view of this extension, online Teaching and Learning will resume on 6 April 2020 for all academic programmes via the IMU e-learning portal. Your respective School’s Dean and programme directors will be in touch with you further details for online learning including lesson plans and scheduled timetables.
Once the MCO is lifted, we will be in further communication about on-campus activities start date. As IMU promotes an international community, we will provide sufficient notice and give consideration for all students and staff to return to campus. Please anticipate that campus activities will be modified based on the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) guidelines. Our aim is to ensure minimal impact on our students’ learning time and experience.
Your health and wellbeing is also very important to us and would like to reinforce the need to:-
- Stay at home – during this MCO, please adhere to the government’s order as this is for the benefit of your wellbeing including your family and friends and people around you
- Good personal hygiene – wash your hands with soap and water (20 seconds) or use hand sanitisers regularly
- Respiratory etiquette – to cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and to immediately discard it in the bin and wash your hands
- Social distancing – keep at least 1 meter or 2 arms-length from crowds or strangers
- Avoid non-essential travels – those returning to Malaysia are required to undergo a health screening and self-quarantine for 14 days. Please note on the various countries travel restrictions.
- If you are unwell or have flu-like symptoms – fever, cough, sore throat, etc, please seek medical treatment and wear a mask. Please update your Programme Director (for students) / Head of Department (for staff) and rest and recover.
- To minimise movement:
- If you continue to experience flu-like symptoms after seeing a doctor, please contact your healthcare provider for advice via telephone/email or use the online portal “Doctor on Call – Ask Doctor” https://www.doctoroncall.com.my/tanya/en before going to the IMU Healthcare clinic or any other clinics for followup
- If you are advised by your healthcare provider to undergo COVID-19 screening, home screenings are now available from the below providers: Bookdoc, DoctorOnCall, Pantai Premier Pathology, Lablink, Qualitas Medical Group, Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur, Twin Tower Medical Centre KLCC, Pantai Hospital (Kuala Lumpur / Cheras / Klang / Ayer Keroh), Thompson Hospital
- To minimise movement:
Should you require any further assistance during this period, please do not hesitate to email:
- For teaching & learning: please email your respective Programme Directors
- For e-learning: [email protected]
- For any other matters: Student Services Hub ([email protected])
- For staff: please email your Head of Departments
Please stay updated with the University to ensure your journey with us continues smoothly with minimal disruptions in this dynamic situation.
Thank you for your kind cooperation and understanding.
Stay Calm, Stay Safe and Stay Healthy!