ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL IMU STUDENTS & STAFF
(10 May 2020)
Please be informed that the Malaysian Government has extended the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) until 9 JUNE 2020. In accordance with this announcement and advisory by the Ministry of Higher Education, all higher education institutions are to remain closed until further notice and teaching and learning can only be conducted via online. This means the University will continue to close its campuses and facilities until further updates from the Malaysian Government which includes governing authorities such as the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and Ministry of Health (MoH).
IMU Healthcare services will continue to operate as scheduled. For updates on healthcare services and operating hours, please refer our Facebook – IMUHealthcare.
Teaching and Learning will continue online as scheduled for all academic programmes via the IMU e-learning portal. Students are to refer to your timetables and stay connected with your Programme Directors and coordinators for teaching and learning updates.
We will be in further communication about on-campus activities start date and Post-MCO guidelines. As IMU promotes an international community, we will provide sufficient notice and give consideration for all students and staff to return to campus. Please anticipate that campus activities will be modified based on the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and Ministry of Health (MoH) guidelines. Our aim is to ensure minimal impact on our students’ learning time and experience.
Your health and wellbeing is very important to us. Please ensure you take the required precautions as below:
- Good personal hygiene – wash your hands with soap and water (20 seconds) or use hand sanitisers regularly. Always carry a hand sanitiser with you to use when required.
- Social / Physical distancing – keep at least 1 meter or 2 arms-length from crowds or strangers.
- Wear a Mask – when you go out.
- Respiratory etiquette – to cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and to immediately discard it in the bin and wash your hands
- If you are unwell or have flu-like symptoms – fever, cough, sore throat, etc, please seek medical treatment and wear a mask. Please update your Programme Director (for students) / Head of Department (for staff) and rest and recover.
- Avoid non-essential travels & large gatherings
- should you need to go out, please adhere to the guidelines by the Malaysian government (point 1-3 as above)
- social gatherings such as parties, kenduri, open house, concerts, monthly gatherings, conferences and all forms of gatherings are NOT allowed
- travelling across states is not permitted – including those intending to “balik kampung” for Hari Raya
- house visiting if you are in the same / nearby location during Raya is only permitted up to 20 pax at any one time
- effective 3 April 2020 (Friday), Malaysians returning from abroad will be brought by the authorities straight to quarantine centres from the airport / port of entry to Malaysia to undergo their compulsory 14-day quarantine at designated centres. Please also note on the various countries travel restrictions.
- Avoid sports activities with body contact
- Sports such as football, rugby, swimming in public areas, indoor sports which has body contact is prohibited until further notice
- You may go outdoors for sports that has no body contact such jogging, golf, badminton, etc. and ensure you follow points 1-3 as above
Should you require any further assistance during this period, please do not hesitate to email:
- For teaching & learning: please email your respective Programme Directors
- For e-learning: [email protected]
- For any other matters: Student Services Hub ([email protected])
- For staff: please email your Head of Departments
Please stay updated with the University to ensure your journey with us continues smoothly with minimal disruptions in this dynamic situation.
Thank you for your kind cooperation and understanding.
Stay Strong, Stay Safe and Stay Healthy!